1. What is SPICe+?
SPICe+ would be an integrated Web form offering multiple services related to Company incorporation name reservation, incorporation, DIN allotment, mandatory issue of PAN, TAN, EPFO, ESIC, Profession Tax (Maharashtra) and Opening of Bank Account. It will also facilitate allotment of GSTIN wherever so applied for by the Stakeholders. After deployment of SPICe plus web form, RUN shall be applicable only for change of name of existing companies.
SPICe+ would offer 10 services by 3 Central Govt Ministries & Departments. (Ministry of Corporate Affairs, Ministry of Labour & Department of Revenue in the Ministry of Finance) and One State Govt.(Maharashtra), thereby saving as many procedures, time and cost for Starting a Business in India and would be applicable for all new company incorporations.
2. Services Offered By SPICe+
The new integrated web form offers the following services:
– Part A –: Name Reservation (New Companies only)
– Part B:
• Company Incorporation
• Application for DIN
• PAN Application
• TAN Application
• GSTIN Application
• EPFO Registration
• ESIC Registration
• Opening of Bank Account for the Company
• Profession Tax Registration (only for Maharashtra)
The SPICe+ application form can be applied in two ways:
1. Part A (Name Reservation) and Part B (All Other Services) can be applied for on a simultaneous basis.
2. Part A can be applied for initially, and upon reservation of the name, Part B can be applied for.
3. Key features of SPICe+ (SPICe plus):
Following can be classified as the key features of SPICe+ (SPICe plus):
1. Users will have options to choose from as follows.
• The User may either choose to submit Part-A for reserving a name first and thereafter submit Part B for incorporation & other services or
• The user can File Part A and B together at one go for incorporating a new company and availing the bouquet of services as above.
2. There is a SETUP OF A NEW AND USER- FRIENDLY DASHBOARD ON THE FRONT OFFICE for company incorporation applications (SPICe+ and linked forms as applicable).
3. Stakeholders can submit the Incorporation applications (PART B) AFTER NAME RESERVATION (IN PART A) as a seamless process in continuation of Part A of SPICe+.
4. Stakeholders are NOT REQUIRED TO EVEN ENTER THE SRN of the approved name as the approved Name will be prominently displayed on the Dashboard and a click on the same will take the user for continuation of the application through a hyperlink that will be available on the SRN / application number in the new dashboard.
5. There would be EASY RESUBMISSION of application, whenever required as Resubmission of applications for company name reservation and / or incorporation shall be handled through the application number / Name applied for link on the new dashboard. A hyperlink will be available for the SRN / application number.
6. The new web form Facilitates the user in On-screen filing and real time data validation for seamless incorporation of companies.
7. The approved name and related incorporation DETAILS AS SUBMITTED IN PART A, would be AUTOMATICALLY PRE-FILLED in all linked forms SUCH AS AGILE-PRO, EMOA, EAOA, URC1, INC-9 also.
8. Information ONCE ENTERED CAN BE SAVED AND MODIFIED at a later stage.
9. All CHECK FORM AND PRE-SCRUTINY VALIDATIONS (except DSC validation) will HAPPEN ON THE WEBFORM SPICE+ (SAPICe Plus) itself.
10. Once the SPICE PLUS IS FILLED COMPLETELY with all relevant details, the SAME WOULD THEN HAVE TO BE CONVERTED INTO PDF FORMAT, with just a click of the mouse button, FOR AFFIXING DIGITAL SIGNATURE CERTIFICATES.
11. All DIGITALLY SIGNED APPLICATIONS CAN THEN BE UPLOADED ALONG with the linked forms as per the existing process.
12. CHANGES/MODIFICATIONS to SPICe+ (even after generating pdf and affixing DSCs), CAN ALSO BE DONE by editing the same web form application which has been saved, generating the updated pdf affixing DSCs and uploading the same.
13. DSC VALIDATION and other validations WILL HAPPEN AT UPLOAD LEVEL.
14. REGISTRATION FOR EPFO AND ESIC SHALL BE MANDATORY for all new companies incorporated w.e.f 15 February 2020 and no EPFO & ESIC registration nos. shall be separately issued by the respective agencies.
15. REGISTRATION FOR PROFESSION TAX SHALL ALSO BE MANDATORY FOR ALL NEW COMPANIES INCORPORATED IN THE STATE OF MAHARASHTRA w.e.f 15th February 2020.
16. All new companies incorporated through SPICe+ (w.e.f 15th February 2020) would also be MANDATORILY REQUIRED TO APPLY FOR OPENING THE COMPANY’S BANK ACCOUNT THROUGH THE AGILE-PRO linked web form.
17. Declaration by all Subscribers and first Directors in INC-9 shall be auto-generated in pdf format and would have to be submitted only in Electronic form in all cases, except where:
• Total number of subscribers and/or directors is greater than 20 and/or any such subscribers and/or directors have neither DIN nor PAN.
4. Attachments Required FOR SPICE+:
• Memorandum of Association
• Articles of Association
• Declaration by the first director(s) and subscriber(s) (Affidavit not required)
• Proof of office address
• Copy of utility bills
• Copy of certificate of incorporation of foreign body corporate (if any)
• A resolution passed by promoter company
• The interest of first director(s) in other entities
• Consent of Nominee (INC–3)
• Proof of identity as well as the residential address of subscribers
• Proof of identity as well as residential address of the nominee
• Proof of identity and address of Applicant I, II, III
• Resolution of unregistered companies in case of Chapter XXI (Part 1)
• Declaration in Form No. INC – 14
• Declaration in Form No. INC – 15
• Optional attachments (if any)
• Attachments – Part A
o Proof of principal place of business
o Proof of appointment of Authorised Signatory for GSTIN
(Either of the documents– Letter of Authorisation/Copy of Resolution passed by BOD/
Managing Committee and Acceptance Letter)
o Proof of identity of Authorised Signatory for the opening of a bank account
o Proof of address of Authorised Signatory for the opening of a bank account
o Specimen Signature of Authorised Signatory for EPFO