Vodafone user सावधान! TRAI ने लगाया जुर्माना Telecom Regulatory Authority of India | Telecom crisis
Vodafone user सावधान! TRAI ने लगाया भारी जुर्माना | Telecom Regulatory Authority of India
Telecom crisis in India
• What is AGR?
Adjusted gross revenue-AGR is a fee-sharing mechanism between government and the telcos who shifted to 'revenue-sharing fee' model in 1999, from the 'fixed license fee' model.
In this course, telcos are supposed to share a percentage of AGR with the government.
• What is the dispute on?
The dispute between the DoT and telecom operators is mainly on the definition of this AGR. The DoT says that AGR includes all revenues from both telecom and non-telecom services.
The operator on the other hand, claims that AGR should include just the revenue accrued from core services. On October 24, 2019, the Supreme Court widened the definition of AGR to include DoT's point of view.
The government and the telecom companies were locked in a legal battle over the definition of AGR for 14 years.
• Vodafone Idea-hit the hardest after AGR (adjusted gross revenues) ruling with a Rs 53,000 crore demand-is dealt another blow by the DoT by revoking its bank guarantees, it may shut operations in India, says the company's lawyer Mukul Rohatgi.
Follow me on Social Media:
1. Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/tax4wealth
2. Linkedin : https://www.linkedin.com/in/tax4-wealth-4aa2b718b/
3. Twitter : https://twitter.com/tax4wealth
4. Tumblr : https://tax4wealth.tumblr.com/
5. Pinterest : https://in.pinterest.com/tax4wealth/pins/
6. Medium : https://medium.com/@bhartichawla27
Google Play Store
➨ Writes to us: [email protected]